A few weeks ago congregations should have received their ELCA World Hunger Fall Action Guide for Congregations.
This is a handy resource that belongs on your “Open right away” list.
This packet is a valuable collection of resources to tell the story of the work of the church in feeding the hungry. Nearly all the resources in this book are available online. They aren’t all in the same place, and it can be time-consuming to find them, so we’ve assembled all the links to the resources in the packet in this post.
You can download the booklet here: ACTION GUIDE for Congregations
- Special Litany on Page 6
- Advent Bible Study – includes weekly devotions, prayers, blessings, and hymn suggestions. You can use this for an adult Bible study, or hand them out to members to use at home.
- Advent Calendar
- 2018 Advent Packet
- Advent Tree – Decorate a tree with ornaments that represent ELCA Good Gifts. Order Free packs
- Give a gift to ELCA World Hunger and send a free personalized card. Order here.
- Download this free poster
Community Garden Guide
Start planning for next Summer!
Practical tips on logistics, crafting a vision and incorporating your garden into the life of your community.
Start a Backpack Buddies Program
Developed in partnership with ELCA congregations already engaged in backpack buddy programs across the country, this helpful guides contains tips for starting a backpack ministry in your community.
- Free Download
- Living Lutheran Article: Filled and Sent–Congregation starts community backpack feeding program
Global Farm Challenge
An initiative to raise awareness and funds to equip our neighbors experiencing hunger with the livestock, seeds, tools, training, and other agriculture-related activities to turn a hungry season into a hopeful season:
- Bishop Eaton Invites You to Join the Global Farm Challenge
- Global Farm Challenge – Video on YouTube
For Children and Youth